The modern man is a man of profound confusion.
Time, you see, is the core of human stasis. The root of human perception is centered around the interpretation of the dissolution of time. I am not the first to claim that life, among all, is the moment of possession of a self. It is the realized and meaningful duration of the self’s time. Passing is laden with meaning and estimation. Time is the canvass of life’s realization, the presence of man and the world altogether.
From “On Media”
How to make friends?
Have you experienced difficulties getting close with others? Are you shying away from people’s company or just value your alone time but still crave meaningful human connection? Here are some things you can do to improve your social skills and befriend easily those whom you like.
- Be genuine. The most important thing in any future relationship is honesty and openness. Even if you doubt the high value of your personal qualities, let the others choose for themselves what friends they want to be surrounded with. Allow yourself the luxury to shine with your own light and you will draw the right people to you with your unique personality and special disposition.
- Be reliable and generous. One should always consider the interests of those that they care about. Give friends your time, attention and helping hand. If somebody knows they can lean on you in time of hardship, then they will count on you and regard you as a true friend. Give and support are the two essential ingredients of building trust, the most vital cohesion of any relationship.
- Stay loyal. There are billions of people in this world and too many of them are highly interesting and attractive. It is normal to be drawn to popular and extraordinary people but do not let your friends down because you have found somebody new, only to realize that they were a short-lived, temporary fascination. If you betray a friend, the trust could never be restored in its initial state. Meaningful relationships grow in time and only they stand to its test.
- Criticize and support. A real friend will always slam you with the truth and never speak of your faults behind your back. Criticism is a part of every mature relationship and the other should understand that only a true friend would criticize because they want to help and consider options of improvement. Support your friends in their time of making hard decisions and be there when they are at their lowest. Having fun means you do well together, but surviving the storms of life is what makes you real friends.
- Listen and show care. Sometimes all a person needs is a warm hug and the ear of a good listener. Advise them only when they ask. Do that for your friends and that will consolidate your bond even further. Be there when they say they need you. One proves their worth by acts and not by words of care. Demonstrate your friendship to the world with pride!
- Learn to forgive. We all make mistakes; that is human nature. If the intent was malicious and to a harmful effect, no one should be forgiven, but if they meant no wrong, then a true friend is to show understanding and acceptance for the mistake when there is repentance and willingness to change. All friendships hit a moment where the ability to forgive is tested and if not developed, that beautiful connection will dissolve.
- Have fun together. Friends share their wildest thoughts and deepest secrets because they have been through everything together. But the most significant sign there is a genuine friendship is the natural inclination of people to spend time together simply because they enjoy it! When you find those who make your heart sing, do not let them go! They are the hardest to find. True friends are never too many and are the biggest treasure one can have.
So find them, keep them and enjoy their precious presence!
This is how you make friends!
How to be successful?
Being successful is a question of mindset. It is not, as many would think, objectively measurable in money, luxurious possessions, influence or titles of high social standing. If you want to know what can help you reach your ideal self faster, then read on.
- Organize your time. Whatever you do, the reason you may find your efforts unproductive is the way you organize your tasks and see your goals through. Time is vital for any project execution. Make a plan and follow it. Make lists and note the accomplished. Establish a daily routine and do not falter. Well-organized people are way more effective than those relying on chance and improvisation, to which they keep an open mind but never solely rely.
- Set goals. Diversify and prioritize. A successful mind is a highly productive source of ideas and creations. It is vital to be able to choose and focus in timely manner on the task at hand, regardless of the immense amount of suggestions which evade the mind. There is always something more and less important. A successful man knows how to distinct between the two regarding their feasibility and importance. That is why he clearly defines his immediate and lifelong goals, extracting them from the endless ocean of alluring possibilities. He makes a big dream come true by turning it into a chain of smaller, realizable tasks, marking a progress with every step on his long way.
- Do as many things as you can. Yes, that is right. A productive mind is never lazy. What is more, it is always invigorated by a new concept or idea while entertaining the tasks at hand. A successful mind is a curious explorer never settling for what’s given. You have to diversify your interests and constantly broaden your horizons. That means also physically performing as many tasks as you can. A sound mind lives in a sound body. Keep your health, shape and mental condition always at their best by engaging your body and mind in diverse and fascinating activities.
- Be good at everything you do. If you settle for mediocrity, then mediocrity will be your best. Aim as high as you can and never be completely satisfied with the achieved. That does not mean to become greedy – on the contrary. A successful man is grateful for everything they have, yet never stop aspiring for personal development and social evolution.
- Help others. No one can be really successful in an ambience of misery and overall lack of progress. Evolution is a group process that involves our whole environment; the successful person knows that and aims at bettering the conditions of growth for everyone. The mind of a champion does not fear competition but welcomes it as the natural engine of faster and more effective development.
- Think for the future. Every winner is a visionary. Such people don’t dwell on the past. They learn its lessons and move on to create the vision of the world they hold in their hearts. They are not dragged by the painful memories of past failures but are driven ever forward by chasing their ideal for the future. The mindset of a champion is persistent and never gives up, regardless of the obstacles and errors, and always finds a way to stand up and move forward to see their vision fulfilled.
- Believe in yourself. No matter what you do, in your personal and professional life, define the most significant desire, turn it into a realizable goal, and commit to it with all your heart. You will be your decisions biggest supporter and most ardent defender. Your belief should not falter and become the contagious flame that would ignite others to believe in your vision, too!
That is how you become a successful person!
How to find the right partner?
Are you in the search for the right partner? Do not worry, so is everyone on this planet. Finding the one may not be easy but it is certainly worth the efforts.
- See beyond attraction. Being physically attracted to someone may feel very intense and uncontrollable. People mistaken that passionate lift for love and often feel disappointed when it ends, shuttering their dreams and hearts. It is vital that one sees the traits of passion and infatuation and recognizes them as such – it is very likely that love would grow from such intense feeling, but it takes much more than mere attraction to be realized as love.
- Work hard to make it happen. Once you have found someone you are genuinely attracted to, you have to start building a relationship so that you can be the right partner for them. You are not the right one, you become one! Building a relation takes constant effort and change and requires a lot of understanding, mutual growth and compromises. It will be your biggest investment of time, effort, and personal resources. If you are not ready to make this commitment, don’t expect to get much from the relationship at hand.
- Be equal and be different. To establish a meaningful connection there should be a sense of equal importance between the two partners. No one is more or less than the other in regards to significance and impact on the relationship. There are no masters and servants when it comes to love. However, that does not mean that we should be treating each other in the same way. That means that it is just fine if the one is more assertive while the other – more obedient and gentle. While your hobbies and interests may not be all the same, find a way to respect your loved one’s free time and enjoy doing as many things as you can it together.
- Follow the dynamics of your bond. Every relationship is different. Do not look at others and listen to them when it comes to matters of your heart. You know best how to commit to your significant other and that is the exact reason they chose you to be their soul’s companion. Your relationship is unique and you should not try to make it follow some expected patterns and traditions. If you nurture the genuine bond that made attracted, then you would have a long and mutually fulfilling relationship.
- Love your partner as they want to be loved. That is an old physiological find – one loves quietly, other – possessively, third – from a distance, forth – passionately and obsessively. Do not try to change that! If you love your partner, you will try to find what their preferred way to commit is and allow them to love you as they best can, as you expect the same in return. Your lover is your best friend – treat them with understanding of who they are and encourage them to unfold and develop their true personality.
- Do not become dependent on your partner. There is a fine line between passionate love and suffocating neediness. Do not cross it! Have your own interests, friends, engagements, resources. Love does not hurt, but helps and nurtures. Have fun with your lover, not scandals and rows. Your loved one will always respect you for your independence and ability to cope with life. A strong and self-realized partner is what everyone craves for. Building a relationship with a person who knows their worth and value keeps respect between partners alive and brings pride of such commitment. Be positive, genuine and honest, in the relationship and with the rest of the world.
- Be loyal and give freedom. Do not play games. Show your partner they are exclusive and be true to your declarations of love. Give them air to breathe and free space to develop and they will always come back for more. Remember – love is not a prison but a nest. If you are able to nurture a relationship where mutual growth is promoted then you will have a lover and a friend, for life.
In love the more you give, the more you get! If you feel that natural and elevating flow, then you have found the right one.
Have you ever felt like your intelligence does not suffice for you to make a sound argument, judgement or decision? Have you felt that others constantly produce better ideas and communicate with more ease than you? Do you want to stand out as a wise and integral person in the eyes of your peers? Yes, – well, listen then!
- Collect diverse information. Obvious as it could be, being clever means operating with large amounts of data. This takes significant time and effort. What is more, one should not gather just any data; the information must be versatile and complex, stemming from different areas of social, technical, cultural, and interpersonal spheres of knowledge. Do not emphasize on only one skill or area of development. The secret to cleverness is to master a selection of abilities where you are best but also to accumulate knowledge for all other aspects of life.
- Organize the gathered information systematically. That is a very important aspect of collecting not just fragments of data but amassing personal intelligence. The latter is an integral state of the mind, so one needs to grasp everything learnt from outside into an internal coherent base of knowledge. A person may know of art, science, sports and yet the most challenging task is to systematically relate these data and produce more elaborate conclusions thanks to the their synergetic inter connection in our way of thinking.
- Think critically. Everything you learn is somebody else’s thought. That means it is not the final truth. You have to hear the broadest range of opinions and theories on a subject and evaluate them, according to your personal mindset and ethical system. This is when you learn how to optimize information and turn it into knowledge. Not every data is worthy of trust and recollection and thinking critically will help tremendously in selecting what sources and theories correspond to your intellectual build.
- Be solid and ready to change. These are two contradictory qualities, yet they are vital for any intelligent being. Solidness implies that you have mastered an integrity of the mind and spirit which would make you an example of intellectual prowess and trusted source of information. The second aspect means that solidness does not stand for rigidity and narrow-mindedness. On the contrary – the mind should always be open to innovations, novel ideas and exiting theories. That is how mindfulness grows. Development is the constant and natural state of the intelligent mind.
- Observe and listen. That is what the ancient word theory means – observation. Any sound vision of the world needs time and patient consideration to be properly formulated. Do not rush with conclusions and judgments. Listen, read, doubt, check, verify, over and over again, until your conclusion meets your highest standard of credibility. And remember, no truth is final, so we always have to change in order to follow the pace of life.
- Be respectful. It is true that most intelligent people are highly argumentative and assertive of their knowledge. Though this is an important aspect of critical communication, one should always respect the ideas of others and try to find the truth inside them, too. Chances are the other party spent the same amount and effort as we did on the subject only to reach a different conclusion. Listen to them carefully, if you recognize the depth in their words, for they may show you different approaches to a topic, untought solutions and even, the possible mistakes in your thinking. Being clever means learning from everything – including others, opinions and our own errors.
- Make the world a better place! A clever person knows intelligence is nothing if not effectuated to produce a greater outcome – a visible result that can change the lives of many. Cleverness is not found in words and declarations. Many mistake it for exquisite word-joggling while in fact it is just the opposite. The measurement for the effective mind is the practical effect its solutions have on the lives of others.
Think, observe, listen, collect, systemize, optimize, integrate, change, respect and develop! That is how to be a clever person!